Applications Engineer Grinding Technology
Responsible To: Dean Kiefer – Business Development Manager – Grinding Technology
Location: The position will be based at our facility in Warwickshire, however extensive travel, both in the UK/Ireland and also in Germany, will be required.
Our business can be sub-divided into three key areas, the first of these being the pursuit of sales, the second being the delivery of sold products and the third being the support of sold products once delivered. This can be conveniently described as Pre-sales, Post-sales and After-sales
Furthermore the ‘Products’ that we sell can be divided into three separate technology sectors, Milling, Turning and Grinding
This role would primarily be involved with the pre-sales and post-sales activity specifically related to the ‘Grinding Equipment’ contained within the Grinding Technology Category, currently the Machinery and Equipment manufactured by our Principal Haas Schleifmaschinen GmbH.
Pre-Sales – This activity comprises supporting the Business Development Manager and the building of rapport with these potential customers.
It involves the identification of the detailed requirements of each enquiry once received and then pitching persuasively through the generation of professional and targeted quotations as well as technical presentations. This will often include the completion of cycle time studies, demonstration of the software capabilities and the technical specifications for the equipment itself where appropriate.
Post-Sales – The delivery of the manufacturing processes that we quoted through the setup, refinement and eventual customer pass off and acceptance of the ‘Turnkey Solution’ offered.
This will involve process development, liaising with suppliers in support of tooling and consumables and working closely with our principal.
After-Sales – Providing a service, either remotely or via on-site visits in support of customer queries and improvements to ensure they have a maximum return on their investment. Interacting and working closely with the other areas of the business, particularly service support.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities:
- Turnkey project engineering evaluation to include, process planning, cycle time calculation, equipment specification: Machinery, tooling and peripheral equipment.
Supporting Customer and Principal visits for the demonstration of facilities, capabilities and equipment to potential customers.
- Preparation and presentation of the technical content of submissions made to the customer.
- To support the Business Development/Area Sales Managers, where appropriate, in the presentation of our GT Capabilities.
- At the point of sale of a machine from this portfolio, to participate in a project start up meeting, with the complete management team wherever possible. At this meeting the formal ‘Contract Review’ will be established.
- To support the development of the turnkey solution, working alongside your colleagues and the Principal’s engineering team to develop a robust solution.
- To support in the presentation and demonstration of equipment at Trade Shows and Open Houses, as and when they occur.
- Apprenticeship trained with HNC/HND, a degree or an alternative qualification or the relevant years of experience are desirable.
- Competency in a 5 axis machining discipline
- A level of understanding of CAD/CAM software
- Interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Teamworking skills
- The ability to work within a customer’s environment.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving proven methods.