Index creates powerful new turning-milling center for medium-sized components
The G320 twin-spindle turn-mill centre from German lathe manufacturer Index, is the newest addition to the company’s product range.
Together with the new G300 (which utilises a third turret in place of the tool spindle), they complete the German manufacturer’s range of high-performance centres for turning and milling of complex, medium-size components in one hit.
Designed to machine components up to 1,400mm long, the G320 joins Index’s existing roster of superb turning-milling centers, including the smaller G200 and larger variants (G420 and G520). All model sizes come with a rigid, mechanically and thermally stable, mineral-cast monoblock machine bed with excellent vibration damping characteristics.
The G320 is packed with powerful features:
- Full 5-axis machining
- Tool spindle rated up to 18,800 rpm, providing plenty of power, torque and speed
- Powerful 4,000 rpm spindles work with bar diameters up to 102mm and turn-milling chuck parts to 315mm diameter
- Turret steady rests are available for external turning or deep hole drilling of long, shaft-type parts up to 101 mm in diameter
- The two tool turrets (with ± 60 mm Y-axis movement arranged below the axis of workpiece rotation) ensure efficient machining
- Simultaneous machining is possible with the tool spindle and both lower turrets without risk of collision (even when all three are working at the same spindle)
Integrated automation is also possible with the G320. Workpiece handling (able to load, unload and remove offcuts), conveyor belts and robotic handling are all available as options.
Alongside these options, the G320 can also be integrated with Index’s iXcenter, a 6-axis robot cell. Featuring a 165kg load capacity and a 2,600mm reach, this option can be used in place of, or alongside, a gantry loader.
Kingsbury are proud to be Index’s sole sales and service agent for the UK, Irish, and Gulf markets. Contact the team today to learn more about our solutions.