Insights into the FormUp 350
- AddUp machines can produce parts 24/7 and meet industrial users’ toughest expectations.
- Currently unrivalled surface quality, material integrity and internal stress levels
- Market leading unsupported angles as low as 15⁰ significantly reducing post processing.
- Michelin’s experience and backup as one of the largest users of additive manufacturing for industrial production.
- Totally modular systems allowing unparalleled flexibility
- The only additive system designed by users with production in mind.
- Industry leading health and safety process.
|Effective production volume||FormUp™ 350 - 350 x 350 x 350 mm|
|Laser Type||500W Yb fiber laser - 1 to 2 lasers|
|Optical chain||3D Scanner|
|Control of oxygen level adapted to materials used||Argon & Nitrogen with programmable control of oxygen depending on constraints of the process and materials used|
|materials used Coating system||Bidirectional|
|Roll system (treated or coated) / Blade system||Interchangeable enabling use of all powders|
|Accuracy of spot position on the plate||± 35 µm|
|± 35 μm Part reproducibility||± 0,03 mm (for minimal thickness)|
|Thickness of programmable layer||20 µm to 100 µm|
|Scanner speed||10m/s maximun|
|Heated platform||200°C (up to 500°C available° in 2018)|
|Managing powder change||Full interchangeability of powder circuit (modules, dosers, distributors) enabling quick change of materials|
|Machine autonomy||Reservoir volume large enough to complete a full plate following a customised configuration process. Option to refill reservoir without halting production|
|AddUp Control System||Controls machine configuration upstream, completed through interactive surveillance of all the parameters useful during component production|
“Our raison d’être is to add more value to customers’ AM production than our competitors can. We start this process by changing the mindset of prospective users with respect to any preconceptions they may have about production methods and then providing holistic counselling along the AM route.”
– Vincent Ferreiro, CEO, AddUp